...For it is time to seek the Lord, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.
-Hosea 10:12

About this site

Thanks for visiting!
"Righteous Rains" was created for friends who wanted to conduct an online book club/Bible study. Are you interested in joining us? Please email Anna at vaagen@bellsouth.net to request full access to this site.

We are currenty reading...

Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl

By now, most of us have read Chapter 1, and many have posted on it. Let's all try to read Chapters 2 & 3 by next Monday, June 1st!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

sorry I'm late!

Let me start by introducing myself - my name is Renee and I have known Anna and Jenny since grade school in Northeast TN (as Jenny mentioned earlier!). I am a new mom of an 11 week old baby girl and am marrying her incredible father next month :) I live in Lawrenceville, GA and work 2 part-time jobs for a little extra cash and sanity. Needless to say, my schedule is a little hectic and I'm usually under some form of stress, either baby or wedding related. I am so looking forward to this study and getting to know you all!

Sorry I'm late in getting on here and reading the first chapter. My book arrived in the mail on Tuesday and I love it already! What a great book for rediscovering what God's purpose is for women. I think that society in general does not look too kindly on this idea of a "help meet" for a man and I am so glad to be among a group of women here, and in my circle of friends, that believes in it; believes in our Creator and His divine plan. I know that I am all too guilty of wanting to do things my own way and need reminding on a nearly daily basis that it is His plan, not mine.

I am intrigued by the question the author brought up regarding my future husband - the question that if his ideal helper were created, would I be it? I hope so! The lines about serving him is essentially serving God is so powerful - I believe that he was created for me, so I should be honored to serve him as I serve God!

I have been lacking on my time spent in God's Word lately and truly am inspired just in this first chapter to get back into it - with the Scriptures listed and with the "homework" given at the end. Looking forward to this journey of rediscovering and redefining our purpose as a wife with you all!

2 comments:

  1. Renee, so glad to have you here! This will be a great study for you to help start your marriage! I hope it's a huge blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Anna! I like your idea about getting up before the fam to spend some quality time with God...I'm giving it a shot!

    ReplyDelete